Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Waiting

This blog is full of bits and pieces .. I tend to jump around a lot between media and subject matter. hehe! This one is painted with Jo Sonja Acrylic Colour on canvas.. after trying other acrylic paints I always come back to the Jo Sonja - it gives the best results with easy application. It's so easy to use .. I don't like mixing colours .. well maybe just a little - I'm lazy with mixing. I've become quite familiar with the colour range. This one was done with a limited palette. I've cropped this a bit.

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

I love the feel and the colors of this. I also like the way she lists to one side more than the other. Lots of movement for such a small space. You can just feel her walking... shifting her weight from side to side, trying to keep worm. She really seems to be deep in thought as well. I'm intrigued!

Rosalie Wrona said...

Oops! Just looking back through some of my previous posts I noticed this comment which I had overlooked.
I struggled with this painting. In the beginning it started out looking very different to this. Then I got heavy handed with it when I thought I had lost it - and it came together rather suddenly. It's nice when that happens :)