Saturday, October 10, 2009

Small sketch

Sometimes when I have not drawn or painted anything for a while .. I think .. I'll just do a small sketch to keep my hand in. But these small sketches can be a bit frustrating as they are so small that they get a bit fiddly and small details are sometimes difficult to get right eg. the eyes!
Anyway, I think the treatment of this one is a bit Renoir-ish - I watched a show about him recently and some of it must have rubbed off on me. I like the colours here. From a reference photo but changed.

2 comments:

Toni James, Toni, Tj, pencils4me said...

small sketch, says a lot. love it.. you always seem to handle your mediums with such energy. still love to look at them!

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks Toni .. I like to work on the quick sketchy ones .. a certain energy seems to be produced when working on them.