Monday, April 5, 2010

Something diffferent - Thumbnail sketch

I will be moving into our new house sometime this year (hopefully) .. and I have been thinking about art to put on the very large wall spaces in there. I want something in warm colours - not too overpowering and complicated .. but it will be quite large. So today I did this small pastel thumbnail to work things out. There is a group of she oaks at the back of our property .. of course they are green but I have changed the colour to suit the wall colours which are softly warm in colour. The painting will be probably started in Acrylics and then I hope to draw onto it with Oil Sticks or Oil Pastels to give it those interesting sort of marks. I'm still deciding if I will just do one large painting or two slightly smaller to make a diptych. I may do more thumbnails of this subject yet.

2 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

Oooh, very nice! Can't wait to see what you decide and how you execute this in it's final form.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks for commenting. I do hope to do some variations of this.