Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Strelitzia painting ..

I've decided to start uploading some of my Tafe assignments here as they do take up some of my time. Although they are mostly done at Tafe this one was finished during the holidays. I used Jo Sonja Acrylic Colour on canvas for this. Now .. there are probably some things that are a bit weird about this as I worked on it for three weeks at Tafe where the composition/lighting/shadows/flowers changed each week. So mostly the shadows are improvised. I also changed the shape of the small table from a square one to round to better suit the composition (I think). The whole painting has a stylised look to it. I tend to stylise lots of things in my work - that's just the way I am :)

No comments: