Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sketch ..

I have not been able to concentrate on doing any drawing or painting lately .. I feel like I am in limbo waiting for my appointment at the hospital for tests. But today I felt a little like doing something. So this is just a small pastel pencil sketch of the Russian model Vlada. The likeness is pretty close but I made one eye a bit darker than the other. I hate it when that happens .. I like to get the eyes in place as cleanly and quickly as possible. That's what happens when the pencil is not sharp enough to make nice thin lines. Black pastel pencil on Fabriano Tiziano pastel paper.
Approx. 5" x 6"

2 comments:

surface said...

Overall its fine, Vlada looks even better in you sketch. Her eyes in this sketch does makes it looks lively. Well done on the lips too. :)

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thank you Surface. It sounds like you are familiar with Vlada. I find that these models can look very different in each photo shoot depending on the make up and hair styles applied to them. She is looking quite natural in this sketch.