Saturday, August 21, 2010

Fashion drawing ..

The finished drawing .. added pastel to finish off. 25 x 30cm.


Excuse the old black gloves :) it's cold here today! Once I start I always hold the chosen pencils in my left hand until the end of the drawing - probably picked up a few more after taking this pic. The face on this one is all done with pastel pencil.


This is the initial sketch .. black pastel pencil on Fabriano pastel paper. Reference on computer screen. I may make alterations to the initial sketch as I work over the top of it.


6 comments:

Fay Akers said...

it's lovely. I also end up with a large amount of pencil in my hand. However I now use a mat at my right and after I get to many in my hand I lay them there.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks for looking Fay :) Your method of controling the pencils sounds sensible to me. I'm always dropping them on the floor.

Fay Akers said...

Thanks. Another thing I do when packing my drawing away to go draw some place else is keep them the pulled colors separated. I put them in a plastic pencil box instead of my large pencil holder. That way when I get to a new work destination I know what colors I was using on that drawing.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Fay, I also keep my favorite pencils and a few pastel sticks separate from the main bunch .. they are wrapped in an old cloth which sits on top of the rest of them in an old chocolate box. Not very fancy but it works - I'm a sweet tooth lol
I tend to get used to a certain colour range and stick to that, occasionally adding some different colours from time to time :)

Tonya Vollertsen said...

This is such a beautiful drawing Rosalie, I love the color on the gray. I like the composition too.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks Tonya .. the grey paper is my favorite (Fabriano).