Saturday, September 18, 2010

Sketchy one ..

At last some sort of drawing done by me .. it's a bit rough and sketchy but at least I managed to put pencil to paper. Black pastel pencil on Fabriano paper. The original image has three girls in it who are dressed in an oriental theme and dressed in black. A rather dramatic image and I like the dramatic ones :) I started to draw just one of the girls and then decided to squeeze the second one onto the paper behind her .. which I think makes a nice composition. Would like to do a large dramatic painting of these girls.

2 comments:

Fay Akers said...

What I like best about you is I never know what you are going to do. Each drawing has it's own personality.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thank you Fay .. I do jump about a bit with mediums and subject choice, although mostly a people person :)