Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Pastel Pears

When in doubt .. draw fruit!! .. That's what I say!   I've been in a bit of an art slump lately .. so after weeks of not producing anything worthwhile .. I decided to change the subject matter ..  These pears were lurking in the fruit basket so I decided to pick on them.  They were a bit boring colourwise so I livened them up a bit - I found this little drawing to be very 'freeing' and fun to do.  Conte hard pastel sticks on Fabriano Tiziano pastel paper.  I think I'll do some more still life subjects.

5 comments:

Tonya Vollertsen said...

This is gorgeous Rosalie! I'm a little behind on visiting my favorite blogs but I see you have done some wonderful new drawings that I have missed! I love the women that you draw, your style is so appealing!

derek jones said...

well it worked - lovely rhythm in this

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thank you for visiting Tonya .. I hope you are safe and well over there in Bahrain :)
Derek, Thanks for looking .. they say a change is as good as a holiday! I look forward to doing some more of these. :)

Lisa M Griffin said...

love pears (and other fruits) as subjects, they make such interesting compositions and are just fun to create with. :)

thanks for sharing.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks for commenting Lisa .. Yes, I quite like making art with pears too. :)