Monday, July 25, 2011

Experimenting ..

A week or so ago I found some large sheets of cardboard in an art shop.  They are quite sturdy and is 1.5mm thick.  I am always looking for pastel paper in this colour but have not found any to suit me previously.  So I bought one of these large sheets and cut it up into more manageable sizes.  Not sure what the life of this would be but I'm sure my framer would appreciate it.  It was lovely to work on and it took a lot of punishment .. I completely removed most of the background at one stage and could have taken it right back to scratch had I wanted to.  Pastel pencil.

2 comments:

Kiki aka Victoria said...

Beautiful...such a gorgeous piece..outstanding! She has such soft soulful eyes..wonderful!
Shine on!
Victoria

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks for commenting .. I was a bit rough and ready with this one .. just wanting to try out the new surface. :)