Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hot off the new press ..

Today I just had to have a fiddle with my new press .. although I don't have all the necessary trappings that go along with printmaking I decided to make do with what I had.  One of the things that I did have was a couple of perspex plates.  So I cut one in half and used it to make this small, simple drypoint print.  There is much room for improvement here and I have never done a drypoint before but learned a few things along the way.  The wiping back could have been a bit neater ... but I was fearful of wiping the ink out of the etched lines .. it seemed to wipe out too easily :O .. maybe I am using the wrong ink.  So many things to learn.  The easy part was using the press .. I managed to get the right pressure without too much trouble.  But I'm forgetting to mention the subject of this print .. it's Tom my faithful cat .. sleeping again!
Also, used Como paper for this .. I think I have some good quality printmaking paper here somewhere - so will try that next time.

No comments: