Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Second try ..

Today I found time to experiment with Drypoint on perspex on my new Etching Press.  Using the same plate as last time with just a couple of little alterations to it.  This time I used Derivan waterbased ink and some good quality paper.  The result is much better.  The main problem I am having with this is the 'wiping off' stage .. the wiping needs to be very gentle so as not to dislodge the ink from the etched line - yet thorough enough so as not to leave excess on other parts of the plate.   I still managed to wipe the tip off Toms eyebrow wiskers :(

No comments: