Thursday, January 30, 2014

Preliminary Sketches





Still no new work from me so just posting some preliminary sketches done previously.  Some of these didn't make it to the finish mark and hit the bin sometime during the process.  I don't seem to have a finished drawing for this one .. 'Reclining'.  This is how I start all my drawings with a brief sketchy outline to make a starting point before adding pastel or pastel pencil.  All are on Fabriano Tiziano Pastel Paper.


This one made it to the finish line 'Ponytail' .. and is somewhere on this blog.  I always start off lightly - some of these may have been darkened a bit before posting so just imagine them a bit lighter.  Hopefully, I will get busy with drawing again before long .. just trying to build up my iron stores as I've been a bit wobbly.

No comments: