Saturday, April 12, 2014

Adriene

Another of these quick sketches from my imagination .. I'm afraid when there is not a model available the features can become 'generic' .. and I just let the music and the drawing carry me away.  I am almost afraid to say that I may be actually getting back on track after wasting a whole year being in limbo due to medication changes that left me almost zombi-like .. that description may be a bit harsh but I expect only thyroid patients would understand! lol  Some thyroid patients have wasted half a life time trying to find a doctor who will understand the illness and treat them accordingly.  I don't have time to waste so I have taken my health into my own hands after battles with many doctors who clearly 'don't get it' .. are not trained to understand this condition.  Well .. I UNDERSTAND NOW what is going on with me and I will deal with it WITHOUT the interference of doctors who only look at the inkspots on the paperwork.  Day by day I am improving and I WILL be back .... getting close now ..

2 comments:

Lisa Graham Art said...

Hello Rosalie,

I found your blog via Derek Jones. Your portrait drawings are just wonderful. I look forward to following your work now.

I know what you mean about doctors. I was a nurse for 20 years and get what you are saying.

Greetings from Wichita, Kansas!

Rosalie Wrona said...

Hi Lisa, Thanks for commenting. I did have a bit of rant there didn't I? lol I got very angry when doctors made me sick and were happy to keep me that way in order to keep their paperwork straight and just ignored my symptoms. I'll be quiet now! :)