Sunday, May 4, 2014

Super fast drawing ...


This is not the first drawing that I did this evening .. the first one was very 'careful' and way too neat.  After a stressfull week with two sick ponies and a hefty bill from the Equine Vet .. I wanted to relax this evening and do a drawing.  After spending quite some time doing a drawing which I hated I decided to scrap it and do a quick one that was more to my liking.  This is a drawing of Nicole which looks ... 'not much like her' .. lol In the first one I wanted to capture her lovely smile .. and I did! ... It's not evident in this one but I did enjoy belting it out super quick with the help of a glass of wine. ;)  Mostly pastel pencil and some conte sticks on Fabriano Tiziano Pastel Paper.  Size approx. 8"x 10"

2 comments:

Lisa Graham Art said...

I love the expression and the way the bright red hair mingles with the pale blue clothing. Nice work. Isn't it amazing how we can spend so much time on something, yet our loose, fast, playful works are the ones that provide the most pleasing results? I don't understand it, but it's true for me too.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Hi Lisa, I like to draw with pastels and I do it for 'myself' only .. I don't bother trying to sell my stuff because I don't need to at this stage. I guess I am one of those people who just create because I have always 'needed' to. Not many people in my life see any value in my art .. only my on-line friends appreciate what I do. I like your blog - I am following you now. I will look through it tomorrow. Thanks for commenting and wish you well with your artistic journey. :)