Sunday, May 11, 2014

Big Red Coat ..


Tonights drawing is The Big Red Coat which is a revision of a previous drawing done months ago which I quite liked but the opinion of others here stopped me from posting it anywhere.  They said the composition is bad and her face is a bit crooked etc.  So tonight I drew this one from the much maligned original.  I was not going to post this one either as I still liked the first one better.  But after giving it a second glance I decided to put it here.  I just love black and red together .. have you noticed?  lol  Pastel Pencil, Conte sticks and a bit of pastel on Fabriano pastel paper.  Approx. 5 1/2 x 7 inches

4 comments:

Lisa Graham Art said...

Really nice! Black red and white were our wedding colors years and years ago.

She is really gorgeous.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks Lisa .. so you like the red and black too .. :)

andy j said...

Hi wonderful drawings, your so delicate with pastel pencils amazing mine would be a smudged mess:p

Rosalie Wrona said...

Hi Andy, Thanks for visiting my blog, glad you like my drawings .. you can do it too I'm sure :)