Saturday, April 23, 2016

The Duchess


A little drawing done late at night after not drawing for quite a while. 'The Duchess' .. which may or may not resemble her!  Which Duchess?  you may ask!  There are no jewels or tiara's.  I feel this drawing is a bit 'basic' .. ie. not enough interest in the drawing technique which I put down to my lack of drawing of late.  However it made it here to my blog instead of the rubbish bin which means that it does possess  some qualities that I like and is therefore worthy of a place here .. because I am a harsh judge of my drawings.

6 comments:

Connie Chadwell said...

I love this! Her placement on the page catches my eye first - then her expression - she is definitely a Duchess! Maybe even a Princess - well done!

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks Connie, I can't remember which reference pic I used for this because I always change them and they can end up looking a bit generic .. lol This one actually seems to have some personality. The name came from the movie 'The Duchess' which I had recently watched.

Elizabeth Merchant said...

Regarding 'The Duchess' - sometimes being a harsh critic of our work ... get's in the way of producing startling work. Every artist's temperament is different - yet - the talent itself is like a faucet that never stops running.

If one sits down and just lets one's hands ramble ... amazing work appears.

While faces are difficult for the ordinary citizen ... for the artist ... they are just the beginning of playtime.

Meiko Kaito said...

Very interesting article, may be dissertation help beneficial for me and who had already visited this page. dissertation help

Linda said...

You have a wonderful talent.

Rosalie Wrona said...

Thanks to all for your comments :)